Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'm Going to Grow Tea Next Year

  I found this great website where I can purchase tea seeds and plants to grow at my house. I still have a lot to learn about growing tea properly and oxidizing and drying it to create delicious tea, but this is a start! The guy on the site apparently travels to China every year and purchases a lot of seeds and then gets the plants growing by the Spring so that you can grow your own tea all summer. I'm afraid I'll have to buy a grow lamp or something to be able to do it properly, although I've been planning on getting a grow room set up in my basement to get a jump on the season.

  I've been learning more about mixed farming lately and I am working on a comprehensive plan for my family so that we might be able to start saving some money, even on my meager salary. If I work hard at it, I think I might be able to start growing enough food to both save and eat as well as to sell within 2 years. I'll really have to concentrate on the task at hand though. I hope Ferndale opens their Farmer's Market again next Summer. I missed this year and I'm more than a little bummed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment