Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chickens!

There is an ordinance change going through in Ferndale. Well, I should say that the amendment has been written and it has a lot of support from the residents, but it hasn't actually come to council yet.

In the meantime, I'm reading up on raising chickens and building coops. I have found a few really nice designs that I might attempt, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to pull permits and get inspections for this kind of stuff if it ever comes to pass. Here are 2 of the designs I'm considering:


From Farming Vegan in the Big City

From Farming Vegan in the Big City
So far, this is just a pipe dream. Not that I'm not certain I could make it work, but I'm not interested in trying to bend the existing laws just to get what I want. I will have to wait and see if the new ordinance gets passed before I even consider getting into this. But the hope of having chickens gives me reason to educate myself on how to raise them!

No comments:

Post a Comment