Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grass!!

Our yard has begun! It took about 15 days for grass to sprout but it finally happened. I think my hesitation to waste water has been a detriment to its growth, but to be honset, I would rather pay less for water and have no yard. Anyway, the parts of the yard that get more water have begun to sprout small patches of grass and so we have a start to a new yard after almost a month of no yard.

From Stuff I Fixed

We also have quite a few seedlings coming up in the garden. I didn't get all of the vegetables planted this year so I will have to be better about it next year. In my defense, I had to build the garden boxes and get the soil going before I could get started planting. I did put some tomato and pepper seedlings in that I had pre-planted indoors in April, but nothing grew well inside this spring. I think it may be due to the weird weather changes we had. I got the final boxes built and filled. I planted lettuce in these two hanging boxes to keep room in the limited space I have for bigger plants.

From Stuff I Made

I hope I get a decent yield this season despite my laziness in getting everything done!

1 comment:

  1. Those hanging boxes are an awesome idea!

    I never even thought to do a hanging basket on the balcony... I'm going to have to try that next year.

    ReplyDelete