Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A new vocab word

I recently found an interesting article on this blog. The word "permaculture" came up and, of course, it made me a little more than curious. I suppose this is what I am striving for, even though I never knew there was a word for it. The idea that we all need to build structures and agricultural systems that are based on nature. When you look at the way America grows its food and builds its cities, there is very little "natural" influence. It's almost as if we are trying to ignore nature because of its asymmetry or chaotic habits.

Asymmetry and chaos are the reasons I love the natural world! Check out the post and let me know what you think.

P.S. I hate wikipedia because it is impossible to verify the factual content of the information, but it is often the easiest place to find great info...its a paradox.

No comments:

Post a Comment