Sunday, March 27, 2011

In the beginning...

I'm starting this blog in an effort to become a better urban farmer by gathering information from many sources and combining all the info I receive here. I am reaching out to anyone who knows anything about farming in a urban environment to offer advice on best methods to grow plants, conserve energy, cultivate soil...etc. I am also planning on recording my ever expanding and improving efforts to garden and farm via text and images. I have many years of experience working on farms and growing vegetable gardens but I would definitely still consider myself an amateur farmer. What I lack is the knowledge of proper soil composition and plant cultivation needed to successfully sustain myself and my family and that is the point of this blog.

While self-improvement is my number one goal, my secondary interest is to provide accurate information to anyone reading these entries in the hope that we may all benefit from a self-sustaining lifestyle that is, at its very core, organic. I am using only the most natural and earth-friendly methods to grow, harvest and prepare my foods. I am vegan but that doesn't mean I want everyone to be. My purpose is to inform and to become informed about a better way to live, save money and enjoy my food.

Knowing where the things you eat and drink come from is important. Together we can all watch our food grow from the seed to the fruit to the table and know what went in and where it is from every step of the way.

This blog, the information within and my purpose in its creation, is to take back control of what sustains us all: FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment